skip all navigationskip to breadcrumb navigationskip to section navigation

General FAQs

How do I change my address?

For your security, the State Retirement Agency requires that your signature accompany any and all requests to alter or delete your address. You may submit the information by the following means.

  • Print Form 77: Retiree Change of Address from this site, then mail it to us.
  • Request your change in writing. Be sure to include the last four digits of your social security number or 11 digit identification number (printed on your advice slip) in your letter.
  • Make changes on your monthly advice statement. Sign and date the statement and mail it to our office address.
  • Contact a Retirement Benefits Specialist and request the appropriate form be sent to your home address.

Contact Information for the Agency

How do I change my Direct Deposit?

In order to change your direct deposit you must complete Form 85: Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit). You will complete Section I and your financial institution will complete Section II. Once the form is completed you must submit it to the State Retirement Agency. It takes approximately 30 to 45 days to update your direct deposit.

How do I change my federal and/or Maryland State taxes withheld?

You can change your tax withholdings at any time by completing a new Form 766: Federal and Maryland State Tax Withholding Request. Completing a new form 766 will revoke any prior federal and state tax withholding.

Please note both sections of the form must be completed to process.

IRS tax regulations require your federal tax withholding to be calculated using IRS tax withholding tables. You must designate your marital status and number of allowances on line 2 of the form. You can also designate an additional amount to be withheld on Part I, line 3 of Form 766. For more information regarding federal taxes please visit the IRS website.

For Maryland taxes you will designate the flat dollar amount you wish to have withheld. Please note that the State Retirement Agency can only withhold state taxes for the State of Maryland. For more information on Maryland state taxes please visit the Comptroller of Maryland website.

What is my PIN and what is it used for?

When you call our interactive phone system to access your personal account information, you'll need to enter your Social Security number and four-digit Personal Identification Number, or PIN. Your PIN is the month and year of retirement. For more information contact a retirement benefit specialist.